Even though the likelihood of accidental loss is low when moving cross-country, items that require additional security or special access are better kept in your personal vehicle during a move. Download our personal item checklist to make sure you don’t miss anything.]
In February, the Panama Canal Authority (PCA) will implement a series of new measures to sustain the operational water level of the Canal. Gatun Lake, the main source of water for the Canal, has reached a historic low due to several years of lower than average rainfall and rising temperatures. These measures include:
- Freshwater surcharge for all vessels over 125 feet in length
- Variable fee (depending on Gatun Lake levels at the time of transit) ranging from a minimum of 1% – 10% of the vessel’s toll
- Reduction of the number of daily reservation slots
- Handling service fee applied to all visits for transit at the time they are created in the system
The PCA believes, “the new measures will allow the Panama Canal to better anticipate the number and type of ships transiting the waterway, and therefore allocate water resources accordingly.”
Will this job be worth the expense and the stress of moving? Even if you are completely confident in the job and company there are other considerations.
- Who’s affected? If you have a family, you’ve got to think about how they’ll feel. Does the new city have a good school system and enough activities to keep everyone happy?
- Do you like the new city?
- Cost of Living: how far will your salary go?
- What’s traffic like?
- How do you defeat your moving stress? Hiring a qualified and experience mover like Crown can help alleviate this stress. We can guide you every step of the way.