Crown believes in a servient leadership style, which empowers employees to achieve goals and build camaraderie with management. Current staff members are a diverse group of professionals with the average tenure of 15 years.
Core Values: Communication, Transparency, Commitment to Quality. Diversity, Social Responsibility, Green/Sustainability, Employee Training and Development
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K
For More Information
Job Title: International Rate Analyst
Location: This position is available to be done remotely, or in office (if preferred) in one of our offices.
- Preparation of rates and routing for shipments, including RFQ’s and daily requests.
- Invoice preparation and forwarding of invoicing packets as required.
- General office duties to support the international coordination team, or rating team.
- Knowledge of international shipping preferred with emphasis in household goods.
- Requires good mathematical aptitude and accounting skills, strong written communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Word required.
- Ideal candidate is dependable, hardworking, performs well under pressure and is a team player.
- Must be able to multi task, and have good time management skills.
Compensation to commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical and dental coverage, paid vacation and sick days, and 401k.
Mira Loma, CA
None at this time.
None at this time.
San Leandro, CA
Job Title: Dispatcher
We are currently looking for a professional to fill our Dispatch position. The dispatcher arranges crew and equipment and transportation to the job site. This position requires the individual to work well under pressure and be able to multi task and be very organized. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, customer service, and be able to select the right crew members for the job required. This position requires a computer literate individual. The candidate must have worked in a warehouse environment. This position requires the candidate to have at least two-three years of dispatching experience in the trucking industry.
- Schedules and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, and service vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer needs.
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, and supervisors.
- Arranges shipments to the customer on time.
- Prepare daily work and run schedules.
- Determine types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials, or personnel required according to work orders or specifications.
- Builds relationships with contractors to sub-contract leads and crews to job sites.
- Protects organization reputation by dispatching the correct crew members and equipment to get the job completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- This position requires some weekends and evening hour work to be preformed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be able to communicate to crew what equipment to bring to the job sites and what the job will entail.
- Must have outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Must have warehouse experience.
- Must be able to deal well under pressure.
- Must be very computer literate and be able to communicate both verbal and written.
- Must have sound judgement and critical thinking
- Must have at least two years’ experience in a fast-paced dispatch position.
Global Household Goods Relocation Coordinator
Crown Worldwide Moving & Storage is looking for a professional Global Household Goods Relocation Coordinator to join our growing business. We are looking for someone who has the knowledge of the international relocation industry, destination service providers, and related fields. The candidate must have proven leadership skills, and a willingness to gain experience in coordinating and partnering with medium to large size accounts. The ideal candidate will have computer skills and possess excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills. He or she must be self motivated and have a positive work attitude. Candidate must be disciplined with the ability to manage their time and work priorities well.
Location: San Leandro, CA or Remote
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: 1 year a plus
Required education: High school or equivalent
- Responsible for the coordination of transportation and destination services while serving as the customer’s single point of contact for all Crown global services.
- Deliver unsurpassed customer service to our corporate customers while managing the door-to-door movement of their household belongings and coordinating destination services as requested.
- As an International Move Coordinator, you are required to maintain business relationships with corporate clients and international FIDI companies and therefore excellent communication skills are essential.
- International Move Coordinator work as part of a team that manages the move process for clients which involves passing relevant information accurately to other team members as part of the coordination of a move.
- International Move Coordinators are expected to be organized and to be able to maintain their own records, which would typically include enquiries, storage movements, shipment information (dates and details).
- The Move Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the smooth moving process relating to the client’s personal effects/household goods.
- Must have a knowledge and skill in communicating and coordinating global destination services.
- Must be able to manage a filing system and keep accurate records.
- Must be familiar with software programs Word, Excel, etc.
- Must be able to receive and follow up inquiries from potential clients ranging from corporate, trade and private customers.
- Must be able to assemble quotes and deliver them to the customers for their international relocations.
- Must be able to prepare import and export documentation.
- Must be able to communicate with operations and sales to meet objectives.
Since 1972, Crown Worldwide Moving & Storage has been a leading global provider of transportation and relocation services. Our dedication to excellent customer service and continuous process improvement led us to be the first moving company in the United States to be ISO 9001 certified for both domestic and global moving services. This quality system has been a catalyst for change and improvement since its inception in 1995. In April of 2013, Armstrong Relocation & Companies and Crown Worldwide Moving & Storage signed a merger agreement, significantly expanding our joint global footprint. This combined entity has USA servicing capabilities that reach from the Pacific coast in California to the Atlantic Coast in North Carolina, totaling 31 agencies in 19 states. Our international division is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and through our relationship with affiliations with OSA, FIDI and OMNI, we have an elite international network of more than 400 movers in 175 countries. Our forwarding business is independent of any van line affiliation, however domestically, we are a stockholding agent of UniGroup, Inc., the parent company of United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit. Our businesses continue to show solid growth and remain relatively free of debt. We are strongly positioned for continued growth as a well-managed and financially stable company.
Union City, CA
Job Title: Driver
We have immediate openings for Drivers. The positions we are hiring for are for local driving. We are looking for drivers with a valid license who can pass a background check and have a clean MVR.
Experience required? No! we can train you!
Job Title: Installer
We are currently looking for experienced system furniture installers to deconstruct, install and exercise space-planning activities within office and industrial environments. Installer will work independently or as part of a team assigned to provide moving, storage and relocation services to businesses and independent customers.
- Good communication skills & dedication to excellent customer service
- 3 years of in the field experience is preferred
- Knowledge of OSHPD Special Seismic Certification
- Construction Site Experience is plus
- Speak fluent English
- Understand the basics of an installation blueprint, basic familiarity with and ability to understand paperwork including manifest, bill of lading, packing list, timesheets, inventory logs etc.
- Experience with safe operation of hand and power tools and related equipment on a frequent basis.
- Install wall mounted applications
- Furniture assembly and modification skills
- Experience with modular office furniture
- Installation and delivery experience.
- Able to lift 75 LBS
- Valid Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
Own Tools: Hand tools – drills etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assembly, disassembly, reassembly and delivery/installation of high-quality modular office furniture systems.
- Provide a high level of customer service to ensure satisfactory customer experience
- Complete furniture assembly/installation as per installation specifications to meet customer satisfaction.
- Inspects furniture for proper operability according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Install all types of freestanding furniture, panel and modular systems to include placement, leveling, wipe-down, and touch-up of metal and wood furniture.
- Unload or load furniture into trucks