- Take your pet to the vet for a checkup and obtain their health record.
- Talk to your vet about options for reducing your pets stress during transit.
- Locate a new veterinarian and transfer records.
- Update your pet’s identification and microchip information.
- Make a transportation game-plan and if your trip takes more than a day, research pet-friendly hotels along the way to get some much needed rest together.
- Consider boarding your pet upon arrival.
- Purchase supplies.
- Check your destination’s pet entry regulations.
If you are moving and have pets we can help. We have 50 years of experience helping people relocate with their pets. For more information on moving with pets click here.
(Source: United Van Lines)